Hi! I’m Rissa Allen and I love food! I spend more than my fair share of time in the kitchen, baking mostly things that have chocolate in them. I also probably eat more than my fair share of all things sweet 🙂
I started this blog right after Tyler and I were married in May 2015. It’s a working progress and has seen LOTS of revision, but it’s been a creative outlet for me and a fun way to experiment and explore my interest in food and to, best of all, share my food with you! I love to bake and cook for people and I hope that I can “feed” more people through my blog 🙂 It makes my day when someone loves my food!
Besides food, I love to run and hike. The trails in the canyons around my hometown in Utah are perfect for running and hiking! And hiking is ALWAYS on my to do list when I travel.
I also REALLY love my husband Tyler and my goldendoodle Maizy. You’ll hear plenty about them both.
When I’m not baking or out on the trails, you can find me either studying to be an elementary school teacher (class of Spring 2018!) or teaching kindergartners at the day care.
Other fun facts about me:
- HUGE Harry Potter nerd! Ravenclaw power!
- Currently watching The Office and Bones (thank you Netflix!).
- My favorite time of the year is FALL. Love those pretty leaves and the cooler weather and all things pumpkin.
- Blue is my color.
- The best vacation I’ve been on was to Oahu, Hawaii.
- 85% sure my spirit animal is a seal. But that is up for debate.
So thanks for stopping in. Take your time, grab something sweet and say hello! I love meeting you all 🙂